Monday, October 12, 2015

Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover / Coming Clean


This is how my makeup looks like when I'm heading out. Putting on makeup is easy — we all start off on a fresh face and continue piling products on till satisfied. Removing makeup — now that is the hard part. How many times have I wished for my makeup to just magically disappear after a long day's worth of activities, and that I can still wake up to clean and healthy skin.

But no. As much as we desire it, makeup isn't just going to be sublimed into thin air, and that is why i constantly strive to find makeup removers that are energy and time friendly.

What do I mean by that? Simply put, makeup removers that are all-in-one, effectively removes makeup (i.e. no need for back and fro wiping) and still leaves my skin free from oiliness.


The answer might just be found in Bioré's latest makeup removal product — the Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover. Makeup enthusiasts would know that Bioré is Japan's top makeup removal brand, and wouldn't be foreign to successful products like the Bioré Cleansing Wipes and Micellar Water.

The Aqua Jelly, as its name suggests, is of a revolutionary jelly-gel like texture. It is different from the usual makeup removers, which tend to come in really watery and fluid consistencies. That said, it is still made of high water concentration, which results in a light liquid that is able to easily glide across your skin, while dissolving your makeup.

And the best part... Without the need to use cotton pads and/or tissue paper!!!

I was quite skeptical about the whole lack of cotton pads idea, I mean, does that mean that there will be no wiping involved???

The answer is YES.

The Aqua Jelly has the ability to dissolve even the most waterproof and oil proof of makeups by just massaging, and it leaves your skin squeaky clean after rinsing off.

I'm gonna put the Aqua Jelly through a small test, using the my most water-resistant products.



I have on my hand swatches of the different makeup products that I use on a daily basis. Most of them are extremely water, sweat and smudge resistant because I tend to have oily skin. (I would've swatched on my M.A.C lippie but I didn't have it with me then...)

From the left:
1. Nature Republic Super Origin B.B Cream
2. IN2IT Eyebrow Liner in Dark Brown
3. CLIO Kill Black Pen Eyeliner (this is, imo, the holy grail of eyeliners. After searching high and low for it I finally found a liquid eyeliner that doesn't budge AT ALL.)
4. Revlon ColourStay Pencil Eyeliner in Black Brown (Once again, another eyeliner that can last the weather. Favourite on casual days where I'm lazy to draw on the liquid eyeliner.)
5. Essence Matt Lipstick in All You Need Is Red


The Aqua Jelly is transparent and flows really easily! Look it's almost dripping off my wrist despite just pumping it on. I let it stay on for awhile, around 30 seconds before starting to lightly massage it for about three rounds.


After rinsing, B.B. cream is totally gone, eyebrow liner and lipstick swatches became faint, while the two eyeliners are still prominent. (See, what did I say about these eyeliners?!) This time round, I pumped twice and massaged it harder (the force equivalent to massaging your face with a facial cleanser).


And... Tadah!!! Everything gets washed away upon rinsing! From the looks of it my wrist doesn't look oily too.

Now, you may think that it may work on my wrist but not on my face, so let's try it on my made up face too.


Washed off half side of my made up face using around three full pumps of the Aqua Jelly. As expected, everything came off easily and as I look into the mirror after rinsing I see a clean face that feels airy and smooth.

My only gripe is that the massaging process might get a little messy; especially if you're into eyeshadow, because while massaging all the colours tend to get "mixed", creating this somewhat unsightly slush. But upon washing it off (the jelly washes off easily too) you'd be greeted with a fresh face, so yes, I can overlook that.


I'd bare my acne marks for you, Bioré. 

Do get your own bottle of Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover at all leading supermarkets, personal care stores and western pharmacies and departmental stores for $24.90. Alternatively, should you want to try out the product first, Samplestore is giving out free samples, do catch them before they run out of samples!

This entry brought to you by Bioré, in collaboration with Samplestore

Much love,
Chels x