Monday, October 19, 2015

Kotex luxe ultrathin overnight / never your fault

*Warning: This entry touches on a sensitive topic for girls, so if you're uncomfortable reading about periods and pads please go ahead and watch some cute videos of cats falling off ledges. Period!


It's that time of the month again...

To be honest, periods are fine. After years of lamenting on the unfairness between the sexes, I've come to accept that periods are part of what makes girls women, and there really is nothing we can do about it except to just think of menstruation as a natural process that we have to go through every month.

What ticks me off, however, is the fact that with periods come uncontrollable flowing of blood. And with uncontrollable flowing of blood comes... Leakage. Stains. Embarrassment. Frustration.

I have the bad habit of tossing and turning when I sleep, and I always sleep on my side. Those are the worst habits to have when it comes to periods. Imagine sleeping on your side while the blood flows. If the pads aren't secured tightly enough to your undies, BAM. You can be sure 1. Leakages WILL take place, 2. Your panties will be stained, 3. Your shorts might be stained, 4. In the worst case scenario, your bedsheets might be stained.

Trust me on this. I've personally experienced all of the above — and I always felt really frustrated at myself. Why can't I sleep on my back? Why didn't I align the pad to this certain position? Why didn't I ensure that the pads stuck onto my panties firmly?

Now, when I received the Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Overnight Pads I still wasn't exactly bought by the many advertisements that they had online. I mean, pads are pads right? I never got down to opening the packs until the next time my period came (which is also the reason why this entry was delayed for about a month...) and was pleasantly surprised when I ripped it open.



SO COLOURFUL!!!!! Have you ever seen pads packaged in such bright happy colours? NOT ME.

Packaging aside, The Kotex LUXE Night pads definitely bought me over. I was on Day 1 of my period and I wore the pad to bed, as usual, precariously hoping that I won't end up staining my undies. Guess what, I woke up to clean panties. Not even a drop.

Can you imagine how impressed I was???

I wore it again the next night, with Day 2 being the "heavy flow" period. You know the thing about periods is that at random moments there will be strong "gushes" of blood? The pad has to be absorbent enough to take on these incoming flow so that it doesn't leak. I got the same result as per the first day — no leakages, no stains.

I woke up a happy girl despite being on my period :)

So now, to explain the mechanics behind the amazing Kotex LUXE Night pads:



1. The pad is 32cm long, so it covers from end to end like a pair of mini pampers.

2. Honeycomb Liquid-Locker (New): The middle portion of the pad (where the blood first comes into contact with the pad) is specially designed to rapidly absorb fluid, and to lock it in to prevent back-flow.

3. Ultra Comfort Cover (New): The centre portion of the pad will keep your skin dry, while the surrounding parts of the pad, lovingly named the 'Comfort Cover', is soft and cottony, providing your skin with the most intimate care it needs.

4. Surround Lock Protector (New): The surrounding areas of the pads are embossed with star-contours for additional security against leakage.



And with that, it's no wonder that Kotex brands as "The pad that will help you realise that overnight leakage is never your fault." I fully agree!!!

The Kotex LUXE also comes in Day pads, which are 24cm with the same functions. No more compromises on performance levels, even when on periods!

Each pack retails at $5.95, but should you want to experience the revolutionary pad as a sample first, you could always redeem one from Sample Store, or request for one through Kotex's Facebook page.

This entry brought to you by KOTEX, in collaboration with Sample Store.

Much love
Chels x