Saturday, April 30, 2016

Bioré Marshmallow Whip / Airy Fairy Creamy

Pssssssst, I think I might just have a new-found favourite facial cleanser.... the Bioré Marshmallow Whip!



Now if you guys aren't aware, my skin inclines towards the oily side, and trust me — it's so hard to keep yourself from looking all shiny sometimes. I've always been using foundations with matte finishes and I douse my face in setting spray before I step out of the house.

On good days, I come home after a day of errands with my makeup still intact, and only my nose shines. On other days, I come home a greaseball. I'm not even kidding — my cheeks will be oily, my nose literally glows and my forehead will be disgustingly greasy. And on top of that, I'll spot my eye makeup smudging (after using the most budge-proof ones) because my lids are oily.

All of the above complaints are further aggravated by the !@#$%^ weather that Singapore is experiencing. 36 degree celcius outside?!?! That's like my body temperature!!

It's so frustrating because I always always always use primers!!!!

But that said I dislike using facial washes for oily skin because (the ones I tried) tend to strip away moisture from my skin and I come out from the show with dry, thirsty skin and I end up lathering myself with more post-shower moisturiser than usual.

So I always used facial washes for normal skin because I believe my skin is a combination of normal-oily. 30-70 maybe.

The Bioré Marshmallow Whip is a cleanser routine changer!!!

If it's anything that I absolutely adore about this cleanser (omg so hard to pick though) it would be the fact that the wash does not dry my skin out.



Bioré has always been known for the effectiveness of their products and I'm so thrilled to say that the new Deep Clean range did not disappoint too.

Foam was fluffy and thick, but at the same time lightweight. Very much like their name Marshmallow Whip. The consistency was almost like whipped cream — very dense and fine, but in soap form. That's attributed to the size of the bubbles in the foam which were engineered to be smaller than the size of our pores.

Now the thing about foam products is that because they're made of bubbles, they might not lather upon contact with your wet face because well, the product just melts away. The Marshmallow Whip though, lathers beautifully. Airy fairy foam touched my face, I start to massage my skin, and the foam forms a creamy consistency. I can't see the bubbles cleaning my face, but I can feel that the process is thorough and that itself is already an assurance of a good product.



And as it promised, the Marshmallow Whip washes off to a smooth and squeaky clean face, but because it's so gentle on the skin, my skin did not feel dehydrated at all. I say this with much conviction because I am genuinely blown away by the effectiveness of the product.

Also, super excited to keep my oily skin until control so I don't end up like a greaseball all the time.

Because cleaning oily skin does not equate to stripping off all sebum from your face!

The Bioré Marshmallow Whip Deep Clean Facial Wash is retailed at $13.90, and can be found at all beauty stores, department stores, and hyper-supermarts.

This entry is brought to you by Bioré, in collaboration with SampleStore.

Much love,
Chels x