Friday, May 18, 2012

Spare me what you think and tell me a lie

#nowplaying: Tell me a Lie - One Direction

Updates: Advertisement for Esperanza, full-dress rehearsal, annoying flu bug and rescue of a baby humming bird :)
HI ALL MY LOVELIES!

First and foremost,
Esperanza @ Republic Poly is happening this coming Sunday! It'll be AJGuitar's first debut concert so do come down to support us! Tickets are selling at $10 each!
Just had our first (and last) full-dress rehearsal on Tuesday.


I look like some crazy woman that escaped from IMH beside Char :/

The hall was freaking humid. Coupled with the fact that we (the girls) had to wear that long dress and heels makes me go insane. I have a high tolerance for humidity (Yes I can sleep without the fan/aircon) but the fact that wearing a long dress highly disrupts my mobility which gets me very annoyed.

I CANNOT PRANCE ABOUT AND MUST ACT LADYLIKE WHICH I FAIL BADLY IN. I never liked long dresses 'cos they make me look shorter than I already am. And I keep having the fear that I might trip over the dress and fall flat on my face and make a spectacle of myself.

So unlike Swiss Winds; I miss Swiss Winds bandroom where we had air-conditioned ample space to feel like home, comfortable chairs, carpeted floors, easy-to-use lightweight stands, a bonded and fun section, a cozy room each for the leaders, librarians and combo unit :(

And the best part of it all, J1s are only playing two (pathetic) pieces but we have to survive the heat together with the J2s who will be the highlight of the show. That was why my hair was so messy - I honestly couldn't be bothered with my personal appearance in that shitty weather.

Which brings me to another annoying issue that's been bothering me for the past two days - I have unfortunately, fallen sick, AGAIN.

I had a really bad sore throat and fever three weeks ago, and I fully recovered since then. But the flu bug came to find me and it has developed into a mild fever and cough.

Of all times to fall sick,
why two days before my cca's debut concert???!!! OHGODWHY.jpg

But something heartwarming (at least for me) happened today!!

A baby humming bird fell out from its nest from the roof and landed at the railing outside my classroom. We brought it into class after much hesitation since there was no sight of the mother bird searching for it.

Here's a really adorable picture of it snuggling up in Yy's hand!

Cuteness overload!!


Some random girl called up the SPCA (though I don't exactly think they would entertain fallen baby birds but they still came down to school, so......). And the eventual place that the little birdie landed up was at Jurong Bird Park! :))

We left the bird alone outside during math and when we peeked at it through the plastic screens of the classroom door, we saw the mother bird hovering above the baby!!!!!!!!!!! Too adorable for words!!!

Junice however said she saw a dead humming bird at the Reading Room below our classroom. Why does it always have to be one sibling surviving and the other dying such a horrible death? Poor mother bird... If only it had the capability to bring the surviving birdie to its new nest :(

Memories of Captain came flooding straight back into my mind the moment I set my eyes on the little birdie. I miss Captain still. It was afterall a delicate creature which I gave a hundred and one percent of my love to - I loved it even more than I loved myself.

At least I know that the baby's safe and would receive professional care. Hoping that it grows up healthily at Jurong BirdPark!

-



Enjoy your weekends! xoxo