Sunday, October 28, 2012

Found you in a river of pure emotion

Title adapted from: I Found You - The Wanted

Updates: New hair (fringe), Lunch @ Buffet Town, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower with Shawn

I hope you guys had enjoyed my latest Ombre dyed- Fringe top DIY (shan't provide link 'cos all you have to do is scroll down)!! It may seem daunting with all the shredding and ripping and dyeing but trust me it's a whole lot of fun! I've already received a number of compliments regarding the vibrant and vivid colours that I chosen so I guess sunflower shades do appeal to majority ;)

-

As you would've noticed... I have a new fringe. I chopped of my previous one - which was of a considerable length of my face. I kept it initially because I wanted to achieve the 'sexy-bed-hair' look but it not only failed (maybe it kinda looked like it on certain lucky days) it was getting heavier and more annoying as it grows longer. It's amazing how fast fringes grow as compared to the rest of the hair that grows on my head. *sigh*

It was meant to be side bangs, but I guess the hairdresser (as usual) cut it too short so it became as what you guys see above. 

No idea what kind of bangs are those termed as but they got me compliments so I guess they don't belong to the category of screwed up ^.^






These pictures were taken at Tealle's place when I did the Ombre-Fringe DIY with her!! She's a klutz but a really, really, really sweet one at that! It's always nice to have her around :)

 I personally adore this shot very much! Love the natural chestnut colour of my hair against black tops ;)

I think I'll be keeping my un-named bangs for a while. It's something new and I like it! *embraces change*

-


I've been wanting to try this place out since forever (Okay, maybe from the time I started working at M&S) and my granddad finally reserved a table at Raffles City for a mini family gathering!!

The place is ALWAYS filled with people. Filled with people inside the restaurant enjoying the buffet spread, and filled with people outside the restaurant waiting to enter. It's amazing - No matter what times I walk pass it, there IS always a considerably long queue of people. Thank goodness we had a reservation! 

Finally I understood why the place is of such popular demand. Buffet Town's like a living food heaven, at a reasonable price! They have everything - and everything is just soooooooooo good.

If you've been following my food entries in particular, you would've noticed I always go for sashimi first. ALWAYS. The sashimi's freshly sliced for you upon request and it's really sweet!

Can't have just one bowl of this Cream of Mushroom. 

Something unique - You choose your own ingredients to your pasta!

Cream penne piled with chicken bits, squid and crabmeat!

Local Delights - Check.

Teppanyaki - Check! They grill your food on the spot for you!

Figured that you guys might need a break from all the food-elicious pictures that I've been throwing out ;)

More food comin' up!

Chefs making pizzas on the spot too!







Buffet Town even has this Nonya Fest going on! I got a taste of Peranakan food like in The Little Nonya (this Channel 8 show). Something different from the norm! They also serve stuff like soya bean drinks and beancurd.

Basically they have everything. Local to international and back to local. 

Oh and here's my OOTD.

 Figured that it was only right to wear sneakers (I had initially opted for Jeff Campbell's) since I went shopping at Forever21 later on!

-

Caught The Perks Of Being A Wallflower with Shawn at Cineleisure!


I know of the book but I never knew that there was a movie adaptation on it until Shawn told me! It seems as if we were the only two people on earth that haven't watched it yet (With me still living under the rock not knowing that there was even a movie on it) so we decided to head over to Cine to catch it. 

Shawn told me yesterday (Saturday) was the last airing day for Wallflower (that's how long I've been living under my rock) but the cinema was still filled with people! 

Here's my OOTD.

The show must have been quite good for many, considering the fact that there was still so many people catching it despite it being the last airing day......... I found it quite draggy though. It was an adorable show with quirky humor but there was so much ambiguity in it... Maybe I should read the book. Emma Watson and Nina Dobrev look fantastic. Would rate it a 3/5 stars. 

I would've preferred an action-packed/superhero show though. Can't wait G.I Joe 2: Retaliation and Iron Man 3!

I swear Shawn has the prettiest eyes. His eyes twinkle!

-

Life has been pretty damn good recently. I hope the same for you guys!