Sunday, September 28, 2014

A midsummer night's dream


When Daddy settled me down in Hall he told me, you're a big girl now and independence is something that should already be in your bones. As much as I'm thrilled to finally be able to call myself a college student, the big I word still scares me sometimes. Honestly, being nineteen and armed with idealism (which is another big I word) is something that even I myself can't reconcile to at times. 

Being a little part of the WKWSCI student body sure has exposed me to so. many. things. I was ambitious to begin with, and now I'm filled up with even more drive. Is it weird for me to say that I haven't exactly been keeping track of how fast time flies? School's been amazing - Almost like a midsummer night's dream - and I'm enjoying every single bit of it. 

From left to right:

01. Hall Jash @ Azzura -  Albeit a not-so-foamy foam party. Never a fan of clubbing / prancing around / getting wasted but Jash was definitely more fun than expected. 

02. Old Hollywood vs New Hollywood - WKWSCI D&D 2014. Been so long since I last made up and dolled up for a formal event. It was difficult - Trust me when I say that as much as I love dressing up, I have major issues with formal wear. In other news, I wasn't lying when I said that I'm surrounded by gorgeous people in school. Fergie's Glamorous is now stuck in my hard as I recall about WKW's red-carpet event. 

03. Mahina Luau - Truthfully till today I am still unaware of how do I pronounce Hall 14's D&D event title but in English it's roughly translated as The Moon Party, with a Hawaiian theme to boot. Purchased a sunflower head tie for an extorting five dollars on our way to Azzura. How wrong was I when I thought Reverb 2014 would be my last time at the Sentosa beach club. 

04. That being said, it was still a fun night hanging out with the Hall gang. My only regret and wish is that I had more luck at lucky draws.

05. Representative of two most unrelated events merged into one - On the event night of the Mid-Autumn Festival, Draco decided that a photo shoot will be hosted. I rolled my eyes several times at everyone's enthusiasm over the group chat but guess who turned out to be most sucked into it? How dare you think that it was me. #whoamikidding

06. Themed Tuesdays with Marios! We had a whole bunch of themes, from monochrome to denim and I shamelessly chose to only feature the denim theme because it was my idea and it was such a success. SO WHAT IF IT WAS AN EASY THEME

07. Birth of 8501 - Fabs and I were always wearing really matching outfits on themed tuesdays, so we decided to start up our very own duo portfolio which will put us on the road to stardom. Totally not amateur-like, we had our first shoot outside some random classroom at NBS and came up with our group name while paying most attention during our marketing BU8501 seminar. #Tuesdayswithfabs&chels

08. Pizza-Pretzel-Party over at WKW! On a side note the resemblance of my turquoise skirt from F21 and the skirt from Swiss is most uncanny. 

09. Lunch at Spruce, which has the most amazing cookies and green tea latte. Great perk-me-ups! 

Seven weeks into college and time has finally raced towards the end of the semester - Say hi to recess week you guys.

Much love,
Chels x