Sunday, November 16, 2014

Hello, virtual world


It is close to two months since my last update, and I put the blame solely on the most hectic fourteen weeks of my life - College.

Of all times to be blogging, it has to be during the prime cramming season but this time I've had it - I deserve a break for some personal time, away from people. Don't you guys feel it gets somewhat suffocating having to mingle around with fellow homosapians (Mutant and proud, not) all the time? I honestly believe this is how anthrophobia's developed.

For the whole of today I decided that I was not going to do two things. 1. Worry about finals, 2. Reply messages unless I had to. It was a breath of fresh air; I turned off Wifi and kept Facebook chats to a minimum - Getting away from people was a good decision - I felt more peaceful and ironically more alive.

Did I mention that I recently got back to journaling? That was a month back. I found a random hardcover notebook in the ugliest shade of mustard lying around in my room and I decided that hey, perhaps I should revive my journaling days so that I'll have something to look back to when I'm down. (You know you're somewhat grown-up when notebook covers don't seem to matter that much anymore.) But anyway, journaling worked out for perhaps a month or so, especially at nights where there's really too much going on in your mind and you have to find an outlet to let it out. Sometimes I flip through my previous entries before I go to bed, just for fun, and I always end up rolling eyes at what's inside. It was a mash-up of bimbotic questions, somewhat mean comments, sketches that had correction fluid to really scientific shit like how sore eyes came about.

But that's what journaling is all about right? Despite the ugly exterior, I genuinely felt that my journal had iridescent content. I enjoy journaling - It got me noticing the little trivial stuff that I tend to overlook sometimes. Like how the dessert store aunty knew that I loved her Pulut Hitam with extra coconut milk. Or like how my friends know I drink with two straws. Or the fact that they often mock me for being saliva-conscious and yet still respect my habit and not lick all over my food and cutlery. Sometimes these little things are the ones that end up making my day and looking back, it was indeed a fulfilling semester, albeit an extremely hectic one.

Then school got so busy dust started to accumulate on my ugly journal.

Not to mention how I've went missing in action for two whole months since my last update - Got a question on ask.fm with regards to my absence so here I am. Hello, my lovecats from the virtual world. I miss blogging, I really do, it's just that I've got too little time but too much things to do. Instagram's my poison though - I'm probably more active as @helloitschels on Instagram so if brightly-coloured square photos are your thing - Feel free to follow me up there.

Finals are coming up in a week but all I want to do was to huddle up in a corner in oversized pullovers and read Lang Leav while listening to Arctic Monkeys on repeat. When are they ever coming to Singapore?

Much love,
Chels x