Thursday, September 3, 2015

So do i make the cut now

If you guys are following me on Instagram (@helloitschels) you would've noticed that I cut my hair! This entry is way long overdue, but since I'm deciding to blog up a short entry on it while taking a break from studying. Such is life of a University child.

Anyway, the decision to cut my hair wasn't exactly a rash one, but I guess it wasn't a well-thought out one too. I woke up one day, stared in the mirror, and told myself that I needed to get a new haircut. So I trawled through tumblr for inspiration, googled stuff like "do people with round faces suit medium length hair" and began amassing tons of images of models, celebs and random people with what I would like to think is the hairstyle that is in trend now — the long bob. 

In fact my hair is slightly longer than a long bob. My hairstylist was really skeptical of me cutting away at least a palm's length of hair, after all the treatment that she has done on my waist-length mane. I sat down, showed her a picture, and told her, "Just cut". So the cutting began, albeit really precariously, as she snipped away locks of hair till my hair ends slightly below my shoulders.



(second and third pictures are candid okay I do not look retarded or worried in real life haha)

In all honesty the past couple of months leading up to my birthday didn't go by so well for me, so I guess cutting of hair off was also symbolic of a new start. 

Glad to say that I love it!!!!!!! The new haircut makes me feel fresher, and I feel lighter without having to lug around extra weight on my head. I was thinking of perming it, but that's a plan for another day. For now, I'm sticking to curling my hair on special occasions, or when I have longer prep time before class starts.

I do get the occasional "do you miss your long hair" — I definitely do. Sometimes as I look at girls who have hair as long as I used to with big bouncy curls or gorgeous long french braids I tend to wish I didn't cut it. But then again as I look into the mirror I don't see myself with long hair anymore. It was beautiful while it lasted, but for now, I guess I'm just gonna stick with the long bob and the various new hairstyles that I can try out :)

Much love,
Chels x