Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in a nutshell

I thought I'd finally summarise how 2012 went in conjunction of the New Year's plus update some really overdue food and OOTD (Outfit of That Day) pictures so that I won't have any miscellaneous photo backlog for 2013!

And so that I can start off the new year with new pictures of food and outfits fresh from 2013!!! :)

-

For 2012, I felt especially grateful for so many things. Even though the year flew past - I remember when I was still waiting for my O level results - There are still so much to be thankful for.


Thank you for letting me survive the end of the world. Not that I actually believe in it but it'll be a super great regret if the world really does end coz there are still so many things that I've yet to accomplish!


Thank you for letting me witness the giving side of people - something which I rarely see. I did some community service for the Salvation Army by wrapping gifts for people at Jcube, (each gift $1) and surprisingly people are actually pretty generous! I've seen customers dropping double the amount of cash that they're supposed to give into the Salvation Army kettle. I've seen parents giving their kids notes to put into the kettle. I've seen customers returning, one gift after another for us to wrap despite they themselves knowing how to. I was impressed.


Thank you Daddy and Mummy, for constantly listening to my wants, and despite them sometimes being too overboard, you all still make the effort to keep them in mind and get it for me when they're more affordable. Thank you for your wonderful gifts this year; I appreciate them very much. Also, thank you for always loving me unconditionally and always unselfishly treating the family to good food and bringing us on holidays :)


Thank you Caline, for being my number one partner in everything I do. Thank you for being a great listening ear, always ready to hear me out, good and bad. Thank you too for your photography and photography skills - It seems as if you're the only person that understands what I want when I take my photos! 100% of my outfit shots are taken by you and they're always featured here, so be proud!!! Lastly thanks for having unlimited patience... I have no idea how would we be able to produce pictures with that characteristic of yours :')


Thank you to all my friends - You guys have played a great part in my life, I honestly don't know what I would do without you guys!! Thank you so much Lim Zi Qi for being my bestest friend of all best friends for an unchallenged 15 years!!!!! And always being my No.1 food partner!!! Thank you Tealle and Bunny, for being the most loyal supporters of my humble blog :) Thank you A34/12 for letting me enjoy the first year of my college life. Each and every one of you are great additions to my life!!!

Thank you to my teachers, I honestly didn't know how would I be able to be promoted to J2 without your help. On a sad note though two of my best teachers are leaving college, and both of them are the teachers that I'm most grateful to.

Thank you readers, you guys are my motivation and driving force that keeps me fired up to blog every time! Thank you for all your time and support - I appreciate all of those very much :)

Thank you Isetan for finally have a massive sale off the GUESS wallet that I fell in love at first sight.

I'm sincerely grateful for all that's been given to me, all the love that I've been showered upon, all the love that I've witnessed being shared and all the good food that I've swallowed and digested. Thank you all!!!!!

*Bows*
*Curtsies*

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
-Marcel Proust

It's wonderful how the New Years will come after Christmas coz I always believe that Christmas is the season where everyone becomes emotional and thankful for everything....... Though we should always be grateful for all that's been blessed upon us, but it's beautiful that when we're done being grateful whilst looking through the past year, we can then start on our New Year resolutions based on what has happened in the previous year :)

Love in action - definitely a spectacular scene.

-

With all the thanking done follows the summary of how my 2012 went!!

I always imagine myself sitting on an airplane, looking down at the earth from aerial view whenever I decide to just randomly scroll through my archives.... This time was no different! It was like reopening the pockets of memories from the 12 months of 2012 - I sometimes smile at what I've posted. It's only normal coz I'm funny like that!! Don't judge!

In January 2012, I had my most heart-throbbing experience of the collection of my O level results. I also made a decision that no one expected me to - I chose to study Arts despite my contrasting subject combination in Swiss. In February, I was enrolled into Anderson Junior CollegeCaptain Jack Sparrow, my little sparrow which I picked up played a huge part in my life too, though sadly it passed away. 15 new additions into my life in March, A34/12 made college life so thoroughly enjoyable. For the first time in my life I watched Swiss Winds go POP as part of the audience in April -They were sensational! AJ Guitar Ensemble had their debut concert at Republic Polytechnic and I in May was part of it! In June I did my first ever haul video with my sister after our trip to KL. The tasteful Jeffrey Campbell Litas caught my eye and I've been dreaming about getting it ever since - They became mine in July! August was amazing - I celebrated my birthday in the loveliest way possible and I have so many people to thank for that! September was horrible though, I spent everyday mugging for the dreaded promotional examinations that made me worry about retaining everyday. Thankfully it ended in October, where I got myself a new fringe - bangs, which I'm currently loving! I also joined the 7-Eleven Leading Brands contest and did the largest scale DIY of my life, the Ombre dyed-Fringe top. In November, Project Work finally ended with a bang thanks to my incredible group members! I was successfully promoted to J2 as well! I also came up with a new name for my weekly updates, C, all summed up! Finally also cashed out Nuffnang for the first time and I'm hoping for more to come! December was the month which I ate the most, and also the month where my family and I went to Hong Kong for our year end holiday! Christmas was great too - My sister and I planned a mini party for the family which turned out successful!

P.S/ No link(s) for Hong Kong coz not all entries are up yet. Here are the links for Day 1 and Day 2 Part 1.

And if pictures are your poison..... Fret not coz they are mine too!!! I did a mini photo collage for the entire year of 2012 - These are directly from my phone coz I tend to take pictures of people and I rarely delete them..... So here's your chance to take a peek at all the useless stuff that I actually take pictures of plus all the weird expressions that I do. They serve as a good summary to skim through what happened over the course of one year though :)



I enjoyed myself while I came up with this whole list of what I did/experienced for the whole of 2012 and that mini (actually not so) collage!!! It's like taking a stroll down memory lane; I'm so thankful that I have this passion for blogging!!

How did you spend your 2012? Was your 2012 well-spent?

2012 was indeed a fruitful year for me, in terms of academic or blogging wise, though it whizzed by really quickly. I'm actually really pleased coz these two issues are currently the most important aspects of life to me, apart from family and friends. So to see them moving up and improving throughout the year is something that I'm actually pretty proud of! I will definitely work harder and try to move them even higher!!!

-

Now for the long-awaited food pictures!!!!

Desserts from Pastamania!

OOTD: Top: Forever 21 | Skirt: Unknown | Shoes: Dr Martens 6 Eyelet Boot in Cherry Red | Bag: COACH | Bracelet: Hong Kong

I adore that rainbow bracelet very much!!! Got it for a steal in Hong Kong!

Will continue blogging more about Hong Kong soon!

Had The Tastings Room for dinner with Jas, Phy and my sis!

Dark chocolate flavoured ice cream + kit kat chunks + white chocolate drops + chocolate dipped waffle = Best chocolate dessert. Ever. 

I love Cold Stone Creamery!!!

My sister's: Cotton candy flavoured ice cream + marshmallows and M&Ns

***

My granddad treated us to a Christmas meal at Edge, located inside Pan Pacific Hotel. The amount of food there was insane and insanely good - I swear even if I had ten stomachs I wouldn't be able to finish everything the restaurant had!!

*Eyes salmon sashimi hungrily*

It couldn't be seen from this angle, but the poached salmon at the far end is the sexxxxxxxxx

Japanese cuisine: Check.


I honestly have no idea what are these, they look appetising though.

Chocolate fondue!!!!!!!!! My favourite section of buffets!!!!

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THESE CHRISTMAS TREATS!!!!!!!!!! 

See what I said about even having ten stomachs aren't enough to finish all the food????

My knitted top is from KL!

It's been so long since I last took a self shot.......... Can't believe I survived that long o.o

With my paternal side of the family! The ambiance of the restaurant is superb too!

***

OOTD: Top & Bottom: Cotton On | Necklace: KL

Dressed up in Christmas colours (I have very little red in the wardrobe -_-) for a post-Christmas and pre New Year's meal with Tealle and Bunny!

I don't only like to eat desserts and take pictures of desserts, I like to take pictures with desserts as well. *laughs*

And I was smiling a little too widely here..................... That's what food does to me.

Great shot by Bunny!! Taken outside Ngee Ann City!


I feel kinda hungry now :O

So anyway this clears off all my overdue pictures, except for my Hong Kong trip which I'm planning to save up for school weeks so I can whip it out and blog about it when school gets too mundane to share about. I'll try my best to make the subsequent entries of 2013 even more entertaining and exciting as I unveil the little surprises that the upcoming year has in store for me!

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!!!