Sunday, November 18, 2012

C, all summed up - Anxious to Anticipating

Updates: Promotional examinations (results), Ikea, Swiss Open House 2012, Frankenweenie

I've decided to classify and title all my miscellaneous updates under this new series, "C, all summed up". The rationale behind it is simple; I can't afford to keep using song lyrics as titles of my entries but yet before I thought of a 'series name' for this kind of update posts it was difficult to think of individual titles for each entry.

So yes, from now on, update posts will be under "C, all summed up - xxx" and if you're keen to read my previous update posts just go through my archives and click on those titles which are actually song lyrics.

Also, coz update posts are meant to keep you lovable readers up-to-date on what's happening/going to happening in my life, I see it as a summary of every week of my life. That's where the "all summed up" came from. Of course since it's MY life, it has to include my name. That's what the "C" (for Chelsea) stands for. So actually the whole title should read, "Chelsea/Chels, all summed up". But I thought just a letter C works fine for me so I went ahead with it. Then I realised that the entire abbreviated title could also mean, "See? All summed up" or "See, all summed up" or "See. All summed up" or "SEE. All summed up".

So you really have to SEE. Read, I mean. Now there's a subtle pun in the title as well! And yes special thanks to my sis and Aaron (Bunny) who helped my brainstorm several ideas, though this final one was me combining all the ideas together. So yes, pat on the back for me too.

-

On the school day right after the conclusion of PW OP, I got back my promotional exams results. I swear it was a even harder process to go through as compared to the collection of O level results.

But long story short.... I GOT PROMOTED!

Here is my result slip. Not very good results, but fyeah I'm promoted! 

Quite disappointed for Econs... I really studied for it. And I was rather confident for it too. Guess I'll be needing to work harder for it! 

I know this promotion thing is a very sensitive topic, so I won't be blabbering much on it. But just a word of comfort for those who didn't manage to advance... Being able to study for an extra year might not be too bad either. I'm unable to speak of this from a experienced person's point of view, imho I'd be equally upset for not being able to promote as well. But think about it, you have one more year to reinforce your knowledge on the topics that you already have an idea about, so when it's your turn to take the A's you'd be twice as confident! Isn't that better than going for the As feeling all doubtful and unprepared?

All I could say is, wallowing in self-pity isn't the correct direction to head towards to. Why not see this from another point of view, and you might just gain some sort of enlightenment and motivation for you to work doubly hard :)

-

Finally got down to meeting the Bf for a proper meal at Ikea! He has been bugging me to meet up for a meal and I've finally got the time since PW has come to a conclusion.

 OOTD - Top: Cotton On | Bottom: Forever 21 | Bag: Charles & Keith | Bracelet: Mini Bits 

First time trying out the 'Messy Korean/Japanese bun' (Oops at the lock of hair which came out, only realised it when editing the lighting of the pictures)

Side view. The hairstyle only looks good in side view.. But it's so puffy!!

Dear god, why does everything have to taste so nice at Ikea?!?!

Oh and it's my first time trying this Apple Cake (always ordered their cheesecake so I decided it's time for a change) and it's tooooooooo delicious for words. Especially when it's still warm and just out from the heater.  

I missed him so much! Edwin and his rainbow smile, that's his smile's name! 

Next time we'll definitely get Zun along! It was absolute fun being able to finally sit down and laugh over mindless matters with him :)

-

Swiss Open House was on Saturday (17 Nov 2012) , and my two bodyguards Yi Tian and Jun Wei dragged me down to visit Swiss. 

Honestly speaking my only and sole purpose of visiting Swiss would be to visit Swiss Winds. I really, really, really miss Swiss Winds!!

With Yi Tian (my ever most trusty SL) and Mavis!
I used to parade and perform in that No. 1 uniform, along side with my trusty tenor saxophone!

That picture was taken at our usual corner where we used to practice our pieces too. Too bad humans have to grow old and graduate, if not I'd still be in that uniform practicing alongside with everyone. Oh well. 

I miss marching, miss my Tenor sax file, miss my tenor sax stand, miss our section lunches, miss my intricately designed noticeboard, miss the BLG, miss the rose plushie that Yewy and I used to fight over to twine it over our saxes and so much more :')

One thing I wouldn't miss would be the section tee that Howard designed! I still have it and it was my favourite shirt (apart from the official Swiss Winds shirts) to wear to band!

Swiss Winds is going Hong Kong again this year for the Winter Band Festival!!! Oh gosh here comes the memories of Hong Kong when it was our batch who performed at Disneyland! WE GOT A GOLD. I sure hope the same for Mavis's batch!!! 

Read more about Swiss Winds 2010 @ Hong Kong Winter Band Festival:

Swiss Winds @ Hong Kong - Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5&6
-

Frankenweenie! It was such an adorable movie!

Kinda cool coz the whole movie was in black and white! First ever time watching a modern age film in monotone colours, so it was indeed a new experience. An extremely simple yet adorable movie, especially the love between Victor and Sparky. I'm not gonna spoil it for you guys but imho this film by Tim Burton is really worth a watch! 

I would rate it a 3/5 stars!

OOTD for movie night @ Cine - Dress: H&M | Bag: Charles & Keith | Necklace: Customised from KL

I like how the ends of the dress flows I walk. It's very light towards the end, that's why the dress sways with each motion I make!

Random insert of my flats. They're of such a pretty shade of red!

Have a guess who my movie partner was!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Shawn. My most ever trusty and best movie partner. We've watched 2 movies together already, and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

WHAT A PRETTY PAIR OF EYES 

I told him I was feeling pretty down for my Econs grade and also coz recently I kept having this disturbing feeling inside me which was making me feel uneasy, so he offered to treat me to Cold Stone!

The Strawberry Banana Rendezvous tasted like milkshake!! Too yummy I need some now!!  

Yeah it definitely made my night :)
Fun movie partner, dinner, good movie, yummy ice cream, what more could I ask for?

Chanced upon the Christmas lighting along Orchard (they're up already!) so we took pictures there.

And this one! All was taken on the way back from Cold Stone Creamery!

Thanks so much for the treat, pretty boy ;)

-

Have I already mentioned that the family's gonna visit Hong Kong this year for our annual holiday trip? I'm sooooooo excited for it - Thinking of all the shopping I could do there, plus their famous Dim Sums, Disneyland and Ocean Park! Can't wait!

Too bad my dates don't fit in with Swiss Wind's one, if not I'd be able to see them march through Disneyland. 

But I'm still super excited! Life is most definitely gonna get interesting from now onward, especially since I got the promo results out of the way as well.

Till the holidays! Xoxo