Monday, November 12, 2012

My Project Work 2012 Journey

Project freaking Work is finally over! Yay? Nay?

 From left: Gowri (caretaker), Zach (the Annoying), Nich (kewtpuppyboi), Zhe Ching, (blurgirl95) and Me (sexiest woman alive)

 It was an eventful day today. In fact it can be considered the most eventful one for the past 11 months and 12 days of my J1 life.

Firstly, the slides that Gowri sent to me the previous night weren't in sync with the one she has, which is the most updated one coz she was the one that did the editing. To cut the long story short it's just a case of miscommunication.

So, only when it was our turn to present............. We realised that the slides were the un-updated ones. Thankfully it wasn't the version which we had to make major edits to, and the examiners didn't seem to be annoyed at our slides or anything so..... Phew.

No idea what happened but it seems as if the slides were half edited half un-edited, but all our presentations and Question and Answer went well, so all was good! In fact I felt that it was the best Oral Presentation that we've showcased!!


The second panic session came when we realised that Zach had forgotten to bring the Group Project Proposal, which was supposed to be handed in today!!! Gowri was just recovering from the previous shock caused by the slides and her panic mode doubled when she realised that we're missing out on an important piece of document.

Thank goodness we had a soft copy so Ms Quek could print it out for us and endorse it again. Phew x2!


 I guess you can say that our group is really Achievement Unlocked in so many aspects.

1. We've never ever, ever, ever met up once, out of school, for a proper PW meeting. Never. All discussions were done over Facebook chat and Whatsapp. We didn't even Skype!!! But we still manage to get stuff done on time!

2. We all have the, "No need do in school, go home do. Go home wait till the night before handing in then do" attitude. PW sessions usually last for an hour, we spend 45 minutes chit-chatting. I'm serious!!!

3. No conflicts at all! Everyone played their role well - mine being the printing woman for Zach and Nich. I had to print their documents every single time and they will each write me something... Witty via email. Nich always writes me cute poems and Zach will type me some stupid message.


This one was when he used my email to send out some document. See his stupid quote???


Nich's poems

Speaking in all honesty and truth......... I really love my PW group. I mean, PW wouldn't be the same without this whole bunch of jokers!!

So yes, thank you Nich, Zach, Gowri and Zhe Ching for making my PW journey a fruitful and enjoyable one! It was indeed a great pleasure to be able to work with you guys (over Whatsapp), and the jokes and memories made during PW sessions will follow me for life!

Thank you all too for all your last minute hard work and dedication, and that's why we're able to pull everything through and showcase such an applause-inducing presentation, including a perfect PW file. I'm so proud of us!!

Also, much thanks to Ms Quek as well - she must be the best teacher I've ever met. Which teacher stays up till 10pm on a school night and goes through reports with her student line-by-line??? Ms Quek does that, apart from her abundant advice that she gives out during class time. My god, I can never understand how could anyone be as patient as her. She has never gotten mad at us, and we speak to her as if she's our friend!

If (Probably never, but...) I ever become a teacher she would be one teacher that I'd strive to emulate.    

PW might be over, but I'm sure we could always hold another PW meeting... To have lunch together! ;)

 -

I wore to curls to school for OP and I didn't want to waste them too quickly. I look pretty pale though :'(

Yes I really look pale. There's practically no colour to my lips at all!!
That big sticker with my name is now stuck to my bag!

Thought my nose looked pretty sharp here!

My curls and chestnut brown hair! No heat curls btw :)

Okay last one! 

Happy Deepavali sweethearts!